About Us - Mission Values
Every person in our community knows about, has access to, and feels safe reaching out to us whenever they need or want to, and as a result, they will strengthen their resiliency and feel hopeful.
Ease emotional suffering, and to save lives.
Spectra is a non-profit, charitable organization that currently has 6 telephone-based inbound and outbound support services for the Peel populace. Spectra provides free, confidential, multilingual and non-judgemental support and referrals for people in crisis/suicidal, people with mental health issues, for those individuals who are socially and psychologically isolated, and the marginalized. Our English Help Line is available 24/7, 365 days of the year. Spectra is a source of strength, as well as community connectedness; the result of our work includes helping people live independently, helping them cope, de-escalating mental health episodes in the community, de-escalating crisis, and saving lives.
These values are our fundamental beliefs: they act as cornerstones, guiding our decision-making, how we relate to each other, and how we act. Spectra’s core values are:
• Service – supporting the human experience
• Inclusion – living by the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion
• Innovation – embracing change and seeking new ways to improve services
• Integrity – being honest, authentic, ethical, and trustworthy/trusting
• Education – supporting the principle of continuous learning
You're Never Alone.